Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program offers free tax return preparation by IRS Certified volunteers and free electronic
filing to receive a faster return.
VITA offers tax assistance for clients with low to moderate income levels filling simple tax returns. Our site also has resources to assist international students.
What do you need?
There are several thing you need to bring to the VITA site in order to file your tax return:
* Social Security Cards for you, your spouse and dependent's and/or a Social Security Number verification letter issued by the Social Security Administration.
* Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R form and interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
* A copy of last year's Federal and State returns if available
* Bank Routing Numbers and Account Numbers for Direct Deposit
* Total paid for day care provider and the day care provider's tax identifying number (SSN or the Business Employer Identification Number.)
Married and filing a joint return?
Both spouses must be present at the VITA site to sign the required forms.